What is the value "m"?

By Jeremy
(CT, USA)

Question:

Dear CCGFB:

I have a rare opportunity this summer my coins collection filter through and see exactly what I have, from my family, and there are some signs that caused them or suppliers that they trade with once. so I do not understand, it was possible to hope that can help me with this I remembered what Mint marks, your site helped me understand the currency specifies the icons, but I seem to find anything of value "m".

Example for a penny:

1935 S = 1935 in San Francisco
VG = very good
38.7 m =???

Thank you for your help!
Jeremy

My answer: I believe that refer to a total of mintage. particular currency were 38,702,000 1935 S Lincoln cents minted so the value "m" is 1 million.

Click here to post comments.

Sign up and write your own page! easier. how?
Simply click here to return to FAQ collecting coins.


View the original article here